Article about Madison Regionals

Article about Madison Regionals
Hello everyone. I am going to post the article about Madison Regionals to the blog. 

Ethan Buck
Madison Regionals Review

Hello Everyone. My name is Ethan Buck and today I am going to give a review of Madison Wisconsin’s Regional Championships. I have been playing for eight to ten years, and this is my first article ever. I also have a blog on blogger called Player Pokémon News.
Today I am going to give a deck analysis, tournament report, and info on the next huge tournament, which should be Internationals in Indiana.

The Day Before the Event Started

On Friday the 2nd, my family and I arrived in Madison, but the gaming area was not ready yet, so we went to the Capitol and walked around. It was very fun and worth wile.
Afterwards, we went to the venue, and decided to trade in Pokémon Cards. I went with ARG (Alter Reality Gaming), and they gave us a very good deal. They were also very nice, which is crucial at events like these. We just hung out, and chilled for the time being.

The Deck I Played

I played Espeon Garbodor, which I thought was really good. It only needs one energy in order to attack, and deal a lot of damage. It did have some inconsistency issues.

Here is my list:

3 Eevee SUM 101
3 Espeon GX SUM 140
3 Trubbish GRI 50
1 Trubbish BKP 56
4 Gabodor GRI 51
1 Tapu Lele GRI 60
1 Shaymin EX Roaring Skies 106
1 Shaymin EX Roaring Skies 77

Trainers:
3 Choice Band
4 VS Seekers
1 Field Blower
3 Switch
4 Professor Sycamore
4 Ultra Ball
1 Professor Kukui
3 Altar of the Moone
3 Trainer’s Mail
2 Lysandre
1 Super Rod
2 N

Energy:
7 Psychic energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
Tournament Report
So, on Saturday, we get ready, talk to my friends, and teammates, and prepare for the round.

Round 1: WW
I played against a Darkrai Zoroark deck that used Yveltal to power up. The first game was extremely close, and I almost decked out trying to beat it. I managed to though.
Game two, my opponent dead drew. I used this opportunity to win, as I had the stuff I needed, and energy on my Pokemon in order to win.

Round 2: LWL
Round two comes along, and I played against an Umbreon deck. It came close but, I ended up losing in the end to an Umbreon because I retreated a Lele, even though I should have used it to attack, and then win.

Round 3: WW
Round 3 happened and I am paired against the Drampa version of Garbodor. My opponent had only a lone Trubbish and I knocked it out very quickly
Game two:
I end up facing a Garbodor with Garbotoxin in the same match, and I put a Shaymin EX down under the ability lock. That was a bad choice. I ended up winning though.

Round 4: WLW
Round 4 was against Alolan Ninetails, and it was hard. They only need one or two attackers and it becomes painful.
Anyway, we get to Game 3 and Time is called. My opponent needs to hit a bunch of cards, such as an Energy, Lysandre, Aqua Patch, etc. in order to win. My opponent got everything that was needed except  for the Aqua Patch. So I ended up winning the match.

Round 5: LWL
Round 5 came and I was against Vespiquen. It was very hard. I got steamrolled the first match, and won the second. Then the final match came, and I was behind in the trade, and I lost.

Round 6: WW
Round 6 was against a Metagross GX deck. It was hard because the GX can get energy’s on fast. I ended up having to knock out a three energy Tapu Lele.

Round 7: WLW
Round 7 was against another Vespiquen. I donked a Combee, and then in game two, I barely lost, while my opponent only had one card left in the deck. In Game three, my opponent dead drew, and I won from there.

Round 8: LWL
Round 8 was against a Greninja. That deck destroys Espeon. I didn’t do so well once the Greninjas came out.

Round 9: LL
Round 9 was against another Greninja. I lost game one, and did not draw well game two. 
Overall, I did pretty well, with a 134 place out of 276. That is pretty good in this tournament.

Future Analysis

I predict that Drampa will be good still for Internationals. Even after these events, it will still do well.
There will not be much Sylveon probably, as it isn’t that popular and Metagross GX can destroy it easily. Other cards from Guardians Rising might do well also, but that depends on what people decide to do.


Overall, this tournament was pretty fun. Ohana-Con was a blast, with all of the vendors, and I am glad that I went. Thank you for reading, and don’t forget to check out my blog @ Player Pokémon News. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burning Shadows Prerelease

Internationals 2017 Experience

Burning Shadows and the 2018 Format